Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Morning Light"
8"x10" Oil on Masonite board
$200 Just gave this painting to a friend who much deserved it. Enjoy Al and Denise of Florissant Mo.

As I walked some property in Ste. Genevieve county, I came across this tree silhouetted by summer's early light. It was a refreshing scene. Later, when I viewed the photo I had taken of it, I was disappointed. All the details in the silhouetted tree had turned to black. Just recently, I revisited the tree and again saw all the subtle colors and detail in the back lit tree. So here is the finished painting from the photo and from memory.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great looking tree! I also like your composition. Well done, Matt.

Charles Drost said...

Wow! I haven't checked your blog in a while and there's lots of new great work. Glad to see you're finding time to do some painting. I really like this one!

Josh West said...

Nice atmosphere and light. I really like this one.